Benefits of Online Learning
- Students can progress at their own rate
- Online learning allows for increased opportunities for customized learning, allowing students to find the learning techniques that meet the strategies that work best for their individual styles
- Students become more engaged and motivated by the available online tools and games
- Online learning offers more opportunities for collaborative learning
- eLearning makes it easier for students to continue a project at home after the school day has finished
- Using PCs, tablets and smartphones students can learn any time and from any location
- Students have more access to more information and more data when they use online tools
- Online learning offers more opportunities for different types of feedback and evaluation
- Parents can become involved in their child's education by monitoring their work
Concerns of Online Learning
- Not all students have access to the same level of Internet and computer tools at home
- Teachers will need to manage and schedule their curriculum more effectively
- Some schools find it difficult to stay up to date with the new software and hardware needed to offer high quality online classes
- Some teachers don't feel prepared to create digital lessons that will require acquiring knowledge of significant amounts of information about sofware and etools, for which they feel ill-prepared.
- Working online may make it easier for students to cheat. Other security issues relating to elearning are also of concern to teachers.